Monday 5 September 2011

Malham Trip

At the weekend I headed down to Malham Cove with my Mum and Dad and Angus Davidson for some outdoor climbing. It was great fun to be back climbing there and with Angus. Our coaches for the weekend were Robbie Phillips, Natalie Berry and Ross Kirkland.

Us at Malham

I redpointed some great routes including "Something Stupid" (7b) and "Space Race" (7b+) and flashed "Free and even easier" (7a+) "Space Race" was my first 7b+ outdoors - I battled my way to the top.
It was an awesome weekend!

My coach, Robbie Phillips, gives me some beta

Angus climbing "Something Stupid" (7b)
me on "Space Race" (7b+)

We drove back to Edinburgh on the Sunday afternoon as we had been invited to the Virgin Money Fireworks concert at the Ross Bandstand in Princes Street Gardens. The fireworks and party were fantastic (free coca cola!) - but I would still have preferred to stay longer in Malham!




No comments:

Post a Comment