Sunday 22 April 2012

Siurana, Spain April 2012

Ni me n'entero 7a

Boys don't cry 7c

On 8th April we flew to Barcelona and then drove to Cornedella de Montsant to take part in the MCof S sport climbing trip to Siurana. The following morning we drove up the hill to Siurana campsite to meet up with everybody. My brother, Alexander, and I were in a group with Angus Davidson and Jack Graham both GB team members. We were coached for the week by Neil McGeachy assisted by Ross Kirkland.

The climbing at Siurana was fantastic. My favourite crag was L'Olla where I onsighted Bistec de biceps 7b+ and flashed Ya os vale 7c. I also worked on La Cara que no miente 8a+ which is an amazing route on a tufa. I would definitely like to send it next time.

On our last day I redpointed Punyetera 7c+ (graded 8a in older guide books) on my third attempt. It was a great route with a tricky move to two pockets.

I really enjoyed the climbing in Siurana. In fact I decided it was 100 times better than climbing indoors. It was a great trip with lots of fun and laughs with my friends. I can't wait to return there in the future.

Boys in Black - heading out to climb!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment