Thursday 13 December 2012

EYCC Gemozac and EYC Kranj, November 2012

I competed at the European Youth Climbing Championship at Gemozac, France. I was taking part in both the Lead and Speed event. On the first day I climbed my two lead qualifier routes. Unfortunately, I didn't climb very well and was disappointed with my performance. I finished in 21st place. The next week I was unwell so I don't know if perhaps that was why I didn't do so well. On the Sunday I took part in the speed climbing along with quite a few other GB climbers. It was very fun and enjoyable even though none of us made it to the finals. My brother posted the best GB time - so well done Alexander!

At the end of November I had the final EYC of the season - held in Kranj, Slovenia. On the first qualifier I wrong handed myself near the top and finished in 13th place. The second route was easy up to the very top where the holds were bad although you weren't tired. So many climbers reached this point that it was the first qualifier that separated the field and so I finished in 14th. Although I was disappointed not to make the final I was happier with how I had climbed. I finished the season ranked 11th in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment