Friday 1 August 2014

EYBC L'Argentiere, France / Round 3 British Junior Boulder Championship, London

On my return from Spain, on 18th July, I had a day to re-pack and organise before I headed out with the GB Junior Boulder Team to L'Argentiere in France for an European Youth Cup. I enjoyed this trip, although I was a little disappointed with my result. I climbed well in the qualifiers and topped four problems, but then I failed on each of the next four on the very last move! This was very frustrating, and as I only topped four I did not manage to make finals. I am determined to do better at the next EYC, during August, in Austria. Here is a link to the BMC report of the event:

BMC L'Argentiere Report

On our return to London I was picked up by my family at Stansted airport, as I was competing at Round 3 of the British Junior Bouldering Championship, at the Arch Climbing wall, London, on 27th July. I was delighted to climb well at this competition, being the only climber (including the older category, Junior Boys) to top all 8 qualifiers. I also climbed strongly in the Finals, topping 2 out of 3 problems, and was delighted to win both this round and the overall Championship.


Youth A Boys - Championship Podium

After the competition finished we drove to Oxford to stay with my younger brother's Godparents. His Godfather, Anthony Reid, is a motor racing driver and I got the chance to sit in an Aston Martin Vantage



You can read about Anthony here http://www.anthonyreid.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment