Friday 1 August 2014

EYCC 2014, EICA / Demoing at YCS Final, EICA / Fun at Dumbarton, June 2014

I have had a very busy summer of climbing, competitions, and fun. During the weekend of 14th/15th June I competed at the European Youth Climbing Championship, for Youth A boys, where I was delighted to make finals and finish in 8th place. I include the link to a BMC film of this event.

ifsc-european-youth-championships-2014

On the 28th June I was busy climbing again, this time demoing the routes for Youth A boys, at the British Youth Climbing Series Final, at EICA Ratho. The GB Junior Climbing Team were asked to volunteer at this event and demonstrate the routes. It was great fun and a privilege to demo for this category and the BMC organisers.

The following week was the start of my school holidays and I had lots of climbing friends from the GB team to stay, Molly Thomson-Smith, Jim Pope, Pete Dawson and Angus Davidson. We had great fun climbing during the day and watching scary movies at night. We climbed at Dumbarton Rock and I was delighted to climb my first 8A boulders (Pongo SS and Sabotage.)





No comments:

Post a Comment